Monday 7 December 2015

Almost the end of 2015

I don't remember when was the last time I wrote in here. 2015 is almost at an end and I'm almost 33. Scary how time flies.

The reason for this post today is to, in a way, update my current situation and also talk about some stuff that I have observed over the last few years.

One, I got married. Yep. And I have my own place. And I have a little doggy of my own called Dahlia that I love with all my heart.

Two, I have no idea how many jobs I have changed over the last few years but right now, I am doing what my heart has desired for so long -- writing. I'm a copywriter with The Ad Planet Group.

Three, I feel super blessed.

On that last point, I really feel I have to point out something. Ever since my paternal grandma passed on (let's call her mama to make it easier), I feel as if she has been my guardian angel, making sure everything I do is smooth sailing but never without some effort on my part.

Like one, my husband and I didn't have a good wedding preparation because of our parents. They didn't like what each one had to suggest and that amplified into a hardcore quarrel during our tasting session which resulted in me screaming for them to stop, swiping the glassware across the table (I didn't care if it cut anyone, or killed anyone for that matter, at that point in time honestly), and running out of the ballroom and hotel and ending up in SGH due to a high fever. I already was having a fever and that episode just exacerbated it.

Somehow, everything worked out on the banquet night. At the very least, everyone was amiable.

Then came the payment of our wedding banquet of about $10k. I paid first with my credit card and when the bill came, the both of us had a huge headache on how to settle it. Lucky for us, I could get a loan from my UOB account (controlled by my mum), and paid off everything at one go. A blessing that we could slowly repay and settle the amount over the span of less then a year.

Then came my stay with his family. I'm sure my mama helped me to even out my temper and settle my mind so that I didn't commit bloody murder.

Then my house came. We fretted about the renovation loan and the cost of setting up home. To cut a long story short, somehow, we managed to...well, manage. And everything has been pretty ok since then.

And then came the time to look for a pet. We were supposed to bring home another dog but for some reason, that dog wasn't suitable and when the volunteer let out a small torrent of other doggies, our little Dahlia was the only one that ran straight up to me and jumped on me and I knew then that she was the one. And the rest they say is history.

The most recent blessing would be about my job search. Everyone knows the economy and thus job market now is the shits. I have a few friends who have been trying to secure interviews and jobs for a long time but are still not successful. I wasn't enjoying my last job in trading due to various reasons and my ex boss decided, on his own terms, that he would let me go earlier then he told me he would. I was at a loss as I knew I needed the money for my monthly expenses.

I was already in the middle of job searching for a few months but to no avail. I did an interview for the role of a copywriter for Germs Digital (which happens to be the digital arm of my current company), but did not make it. However, because the interviewer seemed to like my attitude and my answers to the test he gave, he referred me to my current company when they were looking for a copywriter and after about 2 months, I got the job.

However, I still had a workless month in November and I was really worried. I decided to take a part time job. We all know how hard it is to get a part time job just for 1 month but guess what? I actually managed to and to add on to that, it was with SGH (senang job), and was only for 10 days, even though I had to do really long days which didn't discourage me. And because of that job, I made good friends, had 10 days where I didn't feel bored and made a pretty good amount of money that gave me some buffer to pass December.

The money I have in my account is not alot so I try my best to not spend too much money. And just about 2 days ago, my EZ Link card got topped up by an extra $20+, ensuring I didn't have to spend more money for my transport.

I'm blessed and I can't even start to count it enough. Many people wouldn't believe me but I know it so well. I know I'm being watched over by my guardian angel and I know who my guardian angel is.

2015 has been relatively good to me. I hope 2016 will be as good or even better and I'm willing to work with my guardian angel to make it so.

Thank you once again mama. You have never stopped being my guardian angel.

Cheers,
Tolora

No comments: