Sunday 15 January 2017

It's 2017!

How time flies.

Cliche but yet, it's true.

I can't even remember the last time I posted an entry here. Ok fine, I just didn't bother to look. But for good reason if you are wondering. I don't want to be reminded of old, stupid me.

Halfway through January and we are just about 2 weeks away from the Lunar New Year. CNY is here early this year and it's a mad scramble to get things done and out of the way as quickly as we can. Since getting our own place, life has been relatively tolerable, made better with our little fur baby Dahlia. We say she owns the apartment but her two human slaves pay for everything. That's how it works anyway with fur parents.

Work wise, it has been mundane for the most part. I mean, seriously, what do you expect me to be excited about? It's just like going through the motions for the week, being exceptionally excited when 6.30pm on Friday comes around and I get to go home and sleep in on the weekends. And then, there's nothing much else to look forward to except spending time with Dahlia.

And I think it's a sign I'm growing old. I'm getting easily peeved by people and things that happen around me more often than I'm comfortable with. Slow walking ones, ones who block you, the ones who don't know how to swerve when they see you walking through with big bags, the ones who stare at their phones and not know where they are walking towards. These people ought to be shot but all I usually do is just stare them down and perhaps make a snide remark or two as we pass each other. Ya, old. Now you get it.

But besides all the negativity (are they really that bad, I wonder?), I guess there are little snips and snatches of good things in my life. Possibly things that have been there for like forever actually.

1. I'm starting to know myself a little more. Know what I want in life, my friends, my family, my work, whatever you can come up with.

2. I'm starting to find out who my true friends are. Who are those that truly love me for the lousy piece of human crap I am.

3. I'm starting to learn how to stand up for myself.

4. I'm starting to learn what it is to love. Though unconditionally, it's still a work in progress.

5. I'm starting to learn to shut up and listen more. And because of that, I seem to be learning more about the things that are happening around me more.

The world ain't that pretty afterall when you start picking up the pieces. And the next time someone tells you, "The world will fuck you over", take that advice and run with it.

At the end of the day, we are only human. I just happen to be one big emotional roller coaster even at this point in my life. It will probably never change. I guess. Never. Nah-uh. Possibly. I don't know.

Why the hell am I doing a soliloquy?

No comments: