Thursday 21 January 2016

Mid Jan 2016 already????

Where did the days go????

It felt like just yesterday we were all riled up to welcome the new year and then BAM! Jan 2016 is almost over.*shivers*

Anyway! Now we are all awaiting CNY where we will go through the motions all over again. But I'm excited about having our very FIRST steamboat at our very own place on 30th jan with the gang! FIRST!! *squeals*

And then after that will be full on CNY visitations followed by me just waiting for the most exciting thing to happen first half of 2016....

MY TRIP TO TOKYO!!!!!

Even though it's going to be with my parents and my 2 aunts, I know it's going to be so awesome. For one, I will be in Tokyo (duh), and two, I really enjoy bringing people around Tokyo. I do! Especially when they are not very sure where to go. Gives me a lot of leeway to play around to decide where I can bring them to. Most time we end up at places I want to go to la lol!

But this time, it's going to be crazy because we are going during the hanami season so we gonna get us some sake, sashimi, sushi and sit under a sakura tree and get drunk! Woots!! I just hope the weather will be awesome and it wouldn't get too crowded where we are going to enjoy the scenery.

And after that it will be back to work work work for abit till July and me and the hubs will be off to Perth for 10 days!!! Yayyyyyy!!! Quokka!!! Will be staying with my aunt and uncle and I just know it's going to be a blast. Can't wait to see little Katie and Ella too! My two little Australian nieces. Hopefully in a few years, my cousins will be able to say "can't wait to see [names of my kids]! My little New Zealand nieces/nephews."

Yea me and the man are planning seriously to move to New Zealand for good. We want out of here as soon as we can. And we are not your frivolous young couple who wants to go just because. We have been planning to leave for awhile now, although my initial destination was Japan (and it actually still is haha), but because the hubs does not have a degree (yet), it's going to be a huge challenge for him to find a job there. Anyway, the both of us have kinda established that as much as we love Japan, it's not a feasible location for us to be in for the long run. He doesn't quite fancy the education system and job market there and I only want to be there because I want my children to grow up speaking Japanese. To which the man says,"ermmm...they can grow up speaking Japanese if you teach them the language from young?" -_-"


So yes, New Zealand! They have been trying to get Singaporeans to head over there to work, live, procreate and what not for awhile for good reason. After attending the IMMAGINE seminar last weekend, we were rather impressed by the statistics presented to us and also the fact that this agency does RESIDENCY visas. Yep RESIDENCY, not WORK visas. Which is awesome la because technically you don't need to have a job to get a residency visa but, well, we have to la. Or else how to survive? Go there then immediately die of starvation meh? Hahaha...So, polytechnic and university education in NZ is 75% subsidised with tax payers' money so therefore we know that even though we are paying higher taxes there. our money is being used for us. Houses are bigger and cheaper (not in Auckland), and the air is fresher. Work-life balance will definitely be there as NZ is a family oriented country.

I'm sold on just these points. I want a better quality of life for myself and my family definitely. I'm even thinking of bringing my parents over when we are ready! But let's see how that goes. Don't know if they will be too old by then.

For now, life goes on. Hasn't been bad though. I started the year with a high fever and took almost 3 weeks to heal but that's not gonna stop me from enjoying the upcoming festivities!

2016! I'm going in!

Cheers,
Tolora

No comments: