Wednesday 18 December 2013

Whose fault?

Had a massive showdown with the husband this morning. So much so I'm still sitting at home typing this at 10am. Well I'm lucky. My work place and my job allows me some form of flexibility.

And it was all started coz of a box of chocolates (really awesome ones at that!). I have been feeling out of sorts since yesterday and literally left the office right after lunch to go shopping to let off some steam. Some people just cannot be trusted to keep their word. Apparently the heat continued on to this morning and I was being quite snide with my remarks and of coz the hubs wasn't too pleased about it. To me, it just felt like I was asking him a legit question (basically his friend is selling the awesome chocolates and he asked me if I wanted to buy it. Costs $10 and I asked him how many pieces am I gonna get with $10. Said he didn't know and I replied with a,"Ask.". That's when all hell broke loose.), but obviously to him I was trying to be difficult. Honestly till now I still don't quite understand where I went wrong besides being a little critical with the way I created my sentencing. I don't think I'm much different from how I am usually anyway.

Anyway, for some reason, the argument escalated to other matters that we are not happy about with each other and we were literally shouting at each other for a good 15-20mins.

Sometimes I just wonder if he really knows me for the person that I am or is he just blindly oblivious? Choosing to focus on the parts of me he loves and detracting from the parts he abhors. I have a weird (some might say bad), habit of focusing on people's flaws. Probably runs in the family but I have this tendency to pinpoint people's bad points and try and turn them around (from my perspective la). He doesn't like me doing this and says that I cannot keep being this way coz it's gonna make everything very messy due to my erratic temper and the fact that I can't seem to see the good in people. I mean wa lau I do la. It's just that to me, I feel that I've been through certain points in my life that has affected the way I look at the things around me. And to my defense, I did tell him all these before. So honestly, I get very puzzled when he brings things up like this. And he has a bad habit of not telling me things as they are happening. Like if he isn't comfortable spending a certain amount of money for the month, he won't say it and will just keep it inside till we argue and then he will bring it up as an argument topic.

In the words of my ex colleague Timo J, this is what we used to call a "Wa Lau" situation.

Wa Lau Eh.

Tolora

No comments: